Firefox Memory Optimization
- Open Firefox browser, go to address bar, type about:config and hit enter
- You’ll see a page full with text under 4 columns: Preference Name, Status, Type, Value
- Right-click anywhere on that page and select New -> Boolean
- You’ll get prompted to enter a Preference Name - enter this: config.trim_on_minimize and hit enter
- You’ll be prompted for a value - select True and hit enter
- That’s it - close Firefox and open it again!
Now, whenever you minimize your Firefox, the amount of memory used will be reduced to approximately 20%.
If you want to test it yourself, follow these steps:
- Open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL)
- Load several pages into Firefox and watch the memory usage (going up)
- Minimize Firefox and see what happens!
Enjoy!Tags:firefox , Internet , tip
Popularity: 18% [?]